Office Ergonomics Assessment in South Africa
Office ergonomics assessment in South Africa is implemented in the workplace as a scientific discipline, which is concerned with improving the productivity, health, safety and comfort of people, as well as promoting effective interaction among people, technology and the environment in which both must operate.
We assist in setting up your office/ workplace in line with basic ergonomic principles in order to minimise the risk of developing musculoskeletal disorders.
The Process of an individual assessment:
- A consultant will come to the client's office to conduct the assessment at the employees' workstation.
- An individual office assessment takes between 30 to 60 minutes.
- During the assessment, a task analysis and a workstation lay-out assessment are conducted.
- During the assessment, employee behavioural patterns are analysed.
- An employee instruction is provided and the workstation is adapted, where possible.
- An easy to understand feedback report will be returned to the employer (and employee) stating recommendations and equipment supplier sources.
ErgoFocus (Pty) ltd can assist in sourcing any specific ergonomic aids.
Thanks to our ergonomic software, reductions in risk factors can be measured during a short follow up assessment (max 30 min) after implementation of the findings, providing excellent feedback to management.
In the event of an individual that is beyond the reach of reasonable travel, an interactive evaluation of a workstation can be conducted with the aid of a questionnaire, a telephonic interview and pictures. Risks will be identified, and appropriate recommendations will be made.